At 12:00 -0500 25/7/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:45:53 -0500
From: Robert Patterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Finale] Some comments re Fin09

If you made extensive, purposeful use of Staff Lists, you can kiss all
that goodbye. When your files are imported, each instance on each staff
will become unlinked.

The Fin2k9 limit of 4 Staff Lists is REALLY BAD news for me. Many pieces have upwards of 50 or more staff lists and this is a killer for me. Other worries for me are the new beat-placement expressions when importing older works with V1/V2.

Still, Fin2k9 is looking like a really worthwhile upgrade but I don't understand MM's logic in placing such an arbitrary limit on the SL function. The other improvements especially the Expression categories have been a long time coming and commendable.
--
cheers, Claudio

Claudio Pompili
composer, sound designer, music consultant
http://www.claudiopompili.net.au/ (**2002-2003 Golden Web Award**)
Skype: claudiop_509
Australian Music Centre http://www.amcoz.com.au;
http://www.amcoz.com.au/composers/composer.asp?id=236