On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Claudio Pompili
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 10:05 -0500 28/7/08, MakeMusic Customer Support wrote:
>>
>> The decision to limit Finale 2009 to 4 staff groups was done after much
>> testing and work with clinicians. We will be limiting Finale 2009 to 4
>> groups at this time,

Is that not classic Finn-brothers speak? "Oh, we know better how to
use this program than you do. Why would you want to do that? No music
*we've* ever thought of could possibly need that feature. Doing that
would be wrong." Never mind that Claudio has probably been using the
dang program longer than any of them or their vaunted clinicians have.
(I'm guessing he's an old v1.0 hack like me.)

What augers worst for me in this attitude is the clear Sibeliusation
trend. Sibelius always took knocks because it wasn't as flexible as
Finale. When the Finn brothers were in charge Sib was willfully
inflexible. Now MM seems to want to throw away their competitive edge
with both hands and embrace the Finn brothers' ideas about
flexibility.

I have no idea who these "clinicians" were, but if they were like
every other consultant I know  of, then their job was to make sure
they told their client what the client wanted to hear. The client
obviously wanted hear that 4 SLs was enough. I wish MM would just be
honest and admit that this limit is an arbitrary shortcut to get the
product out the door.