Hi Tyler,

100% agreed.

Feature bloat has long been a problem in Finale. Most of their streamlining choices over the years have been good ones (merging Note Expressions and Staff Expressions into a single Expression tool, replacing the Mass Mover tool with the Mass Edit tool, then merging the Section Tool with Mass Edit, etc.) -- although as the article Aaron linked observed, this kind of consolidation is extremely difficult, as users get set in their ways.

That said, limiting users to four staff lists is a *terrible* idea. I understand the impulse behind it, as it's much better to try to push users towards drag-enclose expressions. (I still get sent a lot of scores where all the dynamics are measure-attached, and they are always a nightmare to fix, even with TGTools). But there are was to do that that don't involve taking away staff lists.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]