Yes, I'm using Yamaha studio speakers.  I'm using Human Playback.

I just figured out how to set the Garritan reverb. That is a big improvement. My articulations had been really muddied by the reverb. Now I need to adjust my articulations and I should end up with a decent rendition. I can now hear that my sax voicings aren't the best -- which is the kind of thing I was hoping would come through with the Garritan sounds. So things are looking up.

As an aside, I bit the bullet and bought a 28" monitor. I have my system set up with a main monitor that is 20", which is a good place to park the media player and miscellaneous apps. I maximize Finale on the big screen and I can display a full jazz band score top to bottom and the staves are big enough to edit directly. I can see about 15 measures horizontally in scroll mode. I think this is going to make a big difference for me.

Just as a general comment, I jumped from 2007. I was a little disoriented at first with the mass-edit being gone, but I am really liking this function being available under the selection tool, which is more-or-less the default mode for Finale now.