Craig Parmerlee wrote:
I wonder if Garritan receives ANY licensing fees for being included in the distribution. As we have been discussing, what they supply is artificially limited, practically forcing you to go out and spend a bunch of money with Garritan to address those deficiencies. I'm not saying that is bad or wrong or unetihcal. Indeed, it is the sort of co-marketing that happens all the time.

I'm fairly certain they're not letting Finale or Sibelius use their samples for free. Think of the many thousands of Finale users who wouldn't rush out and buy the complete Garritan packages.

There's some money changing hands, I'm sure.

--
David H. Bailey