Finally a breakthrough. It turns out that my missing menus were related to my monitor configuration. I use a 2-monitor setup. Whenever Finale is running on the first monitor, the context menus work fine. Whenever I drag Finale to monitor #2, I can no longer use the right-click menus.

Is anybody else running a two-monitor system where the desktop spans the two monitors? I'd like to know how widespread the problem is. It could be something very specific to my monitor #2, which is very large (1920x1200), or it might affect everybody using a dual-monitor system.
My system is Windows XP, Finale 2009

Craig Parmerlee wrote:
Well, this problem is still not resolved. I ended up reinstalling the operating system. Everything is fine when I install Finale 2009. But as soon as I install the Garritan JABB library (with Kontact et al), Finale 2009 breaks, and won't show me the context menus.

Is there anybody out there who is running Windows XP, Garritan JABB library, and Finale 2009? If so, does you right-click work?

Craig Parmerlee wrote:
In case anybody has similar problems, here is the solution from Finale. Evidently I had an INI file get corrupted. I haven't tested this yet, but it makes sense.

1. Close Finale.
2. Open a My Computer window.
3. Navigate into your Finale program's folder (usually in C:\Program Files\Finale 2009) 4. Find the Finale.ini file. This file will have the file type of "configuration settings".
5. Delete it.
6. Find the finmidi.ini file. This file will also have the file type of "Configuration Settings."
7. Delete it.
8. Now run Finale.

Craig Parmerlee wrote:
Yes, I believe so.  It is working perfectly on all other applications.

I went to apply patches to my operating system to see if any of that would make a difference. For some reason, none of the patches would apply, and of course Microsoft doesn't explain why. I was able to regress SP3 off my system, which cleared up the patching problem. I then reapplied SP3 and all other pending patches. That all seemed to go normally, so as far as I can tell, my OS is working properly, yet Finale still refuses to show those menus. Evidently something has gotten hosed in my registry. I have a ticket open with Finale. I expect I'll have to uninstall Finale, then do some manual editing on the registry before reinstalling.

Ray Horton wrote:
I have Finale 2009 on Windows 2009 with all appropriate menus. Right click context menus work fine.

I'm no expert at all on this sort of thing, but is your mouse installed correctly?