Daniel Wolf wrote:
David Fenton wrote:

"If it weren't for Smartmusic, would MM still be in business at all?On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:00:10 +0200, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:"

The last time I looked at a financial statement from MM, notation products (Finale) was the big income stream, dwarfing Smartmusic. The company appeared to be using Finale to finance the development of Smartmusic.

I think it depends on which quarter you are looking at -- the last time I looked, it was in the 3rd quarter and they had a huge boost in income which they admitted came from the annual upgrade to Finale. I didn't notice any real comparison on an annual basis between the two programs.

If what you say is true, then it is despicable that MakeMusic has reduced the number of developers for Finale and put them onto SmartMusic, and has made the decision that it is alright to ship buggy versions of Finale each June/July instead of putting more development dollars into their bread-and-butter products.

Have there been any improvements to percussion notation in the past 10 years?

--
David H. Bailey