Allen Fisher wrote:
The entire business has grown over the last 4-5 years. We have more Notation Engineers than ever.

That's great to hear -- I am sorry I spoke out of turn, then. How is the balance between the two development teams, though? Has SmartMusic received more engineers than the notation team, or is the notation team the larger of the two?

Of course, with more notation engineers than ever, one does have to ask why certain areas of Finale remain untouched and as troublesome as ever, such as Percussion Staves. Will there ever be any improvement there, or is that one of the "mature" aspects of the program which don't get any new development attention?

I've asked for improvements in that area (as have many others) yet release after release sees no improvement. It shouldn't take enrollment in Hogwarts' Defense Against the Dark Arts course to tame it, yet entering music on a percussion staff is hard enough to set up and heaven forbid if we change our minds and try to change any of it after entering.

And one final question, which I'm sure is on the development team's mind -- what can we do to get MakeMusic to stop the annual "get it out the door on schedule every June/July, ready or not" mindset and allow the development team more breathing space so they can better think through procedures and can spend more time getting the bugs out?

Pleas to the front office have gotten no results, not even a response.

--
David H. Bailey