Thanks to all of you who have added your insights.
To clarify: I am on a Mac running OS X. The client is on a PC. I have Stuffit and can ZIP the files. Are there any cross-platform issues with Zipping the .pdf files?
I use Eudora  as my mail program.

Thanks again.

You may also have problems with limits to the number of attachments you can
put on one email - many ISPs have such limits along with the total size of
attachments.

I also think zipping is the best way around.

Frank