Hi Robert,
Thanks for the answer, but I'm afraid that won't work either. When I make each part a one-staff Staff Group and check "Use Alternate Group Barlines" in the >Group Attributes< dialog, _all_ the bar lines in the part are affected, when I change the type of bar line in the >Measure Attributes< dialog box, the whole stack is affected. What I want, of course, is the occasional _single_ measure with an alternative bar line at the end. Which seems to be impossible in today's Finale. Sigh ...
All the best!
Eric
Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
www.habsburgerverlag.de