Barbara Touburg wrote:
Eric Fiedler wrote:
John,
As you have probably discovered, you can do this in Finale:
1) Get rid of the tie.
2) Make the first note in the next measure (the held-over part) invisible
3) go back to the previous measure and give the last note its proper value When you exit, Finale will "bing" at you and ask if you want to keep the measure as it is. Say yes.

If you don't like to hear that "bing" every time you enter and exit a measure, give the last note an invisible tuplet. I have programmed a couple of metatools for the most common ones. I've been typesetting Renaissance music for years and believe me, that bing gets annoying. It also saves you a mouseclick for the "yes" and keeps the music in place.

You can turn off "Check for Extra Notes" so that you don't get that "bing" at the end of the measure, nor do you have to click yes.

--
David H. Bailey