On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Eric Fiedler
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I want, of course, is the
> occasional _single_ measure with an alternative bar line at the end. Which
> seems to be impossible in today's Finale. Sigh ...

You can put a staff group only on a single system (if the system is
optimized). If you could put up a graphic of what your want somewhere
(not an email attachment!), I can suggest an approach. So far I have
been able to do everything I needed to along these lines, but
sometimes it takes a bit of thought. It usually is a combination of
overriding barlines with a staff group (perhaps in just a single staff
system on a single staff) with possibly a staff style to hide the
non-group barlines where they aren't desired.