2009/6/26 Darcy James Argue <djar...@earthlink.net>

> I'm actually working in Sib 5 tonight. Here are some incredibly frustrating
> things that I couldn't get Sib to do:
>
>        - insert a blank page in the middle of a document

Layout > Break > Special Page Break... (or Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut)

>        - add a Text Style that aligns to the vertical center of a page (I
> use these for page number arrows)

You can do the next best thing and say put the text at 130 mm (or whatever)
from the top margin. Be sure to use a system text style, based on Title, or
Composer, etc, and not a staff text style like Technique or Expression.

>        - repeat the main headers (including page numbers) on added blank
> pages

The normal header and footer text styles should work already and repeat
across music and blank pages on left or right or both sides. New text styles
based on these will also work. To print the current page number, use the
wildcard "\$PageNum\".

I also always find it incredibly frustrating that there is no mechanism in
> Sibelius for directly changing the font and/or font size. Everything has to
> be done via Text Styles.

It's in the Text pane of the Properties window, font and size selection and
Bold, Italic, Underline attributes, which can be applied to any portion of
the text. Text styles can be powerful when used exclusively, but we're not
limited to them for good reason (otherwise text like "p cresc." would be
impossible because "p" is in the music text font).

Andrew