Hi David,

The Properties window does not open by default when you launch Sib. It's not mentioned in any of the basic tutorials. It was a while before I even realized it existed. It takes up a lot of screen real estate so I tend to leave it closed when I work. It's context- sensitive, so you can't see all the things it is capable of controlling at a glance -- you have to select an object first to see what properties are available for modification. And when I am trying to do something I don't know how to do in an application I'm not 100% familiar with, I tend to look in the *menus* -- I don't think I'm that unusual in that regard. If a feature is not accessible via the menus, but only appears in a separate, context-sensitive window when you have precisely the right object selected, it's easy to overlook. It's certainly a very different UI philosophy from Finale.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
djar...@earthlink.net