Am 27.06.2009 um 06:37 schrieb Frank Prain:

John, you can use the similar combinations to move your cursor around as well. Just don't use the Shift, as that does the selecting of the text. eg Ctrl-Arrow will move the cursor a word at a time. I just hold my thumb on the right Ctrl key and use my little finger on the left or right arrow key.
After a while it becomes second nature, which helps to explain my
frustration when using a Mac.

On the Mac, there are exactly the same possibilities:

To move the cursor to the next/previous word, hold down the Alt/Option key. To move the cursor to the start/end of the line, hold down the Command key.

There are more.

Just try.

And don't forget the home, end, page up and page down keys.
With and without modifier keys. ;-)

Gerhard