I think you are right on the money.....
You can find a lot more folks that play (not just Jazz folk but Rock guys,
etc.) that can play a C min6/A but have to stop and think about Ami7(b5) I see
this all the time with by new students.  It also details the chord
u write Ami7(b5) I'm gonna starting thinking ....hmmmm nat 11, tri tone
Eb7(#11) and you probably would to....Cmin6/A is more specific and less likely
to be changed by some folk.  When I write charts I always thake that into
consideration in the changes.  It may not be neccessary and of course this is
my opinon and subjective.
Terry