On Tue Oct 20, at TuesdayOct 20 7:34 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 20 Oct 2009 at 20:41, shirling & neueweise wrote:

Wow, Individual Flash Cards! Oh man sign me up.

seems that is more important than fixing linked parts... or a
plethora of other stupid bugs.

It got included because it was VERY, VERY EASY to add, as it didn't
require any programming changes.

This is typical -- low-value features that are extremely simple to
implement are going to get implemented before high-value features (or
bug fixes) that are extremely complex. It's just your basic low-
hanging fruit strategy.

I'm reminded of the recent exchange in a health care hearing on
Capitol Hill in DC where a male Congressman observed that he didn't
need pre-natal care in his health insurance, so he was paying for
something he couldn't use. A female Congressman pointed out that his
mother probably needed it, but the point that I'm trying to make in
relation to Finale is that things that don't matter to you personally
may matter to enough other Finale users to keep them committed to
buying upgrades. That's good for everyone in the long run, even if
it's completely useless to you, personally.

I understand about the low-hanging fruit thing, but do you really think Flash Cards was a deal-breaker for people wondering whether to upgrade, switch, or start fresh on Finale? Not a good comparison to prenatal medical care, which is LITERALLY a life-or-death question for some people.

Now, improvements to the default files, or to the JazzFont, THAT is easy to implement with far-reaching effects.

Christopher