On 21 Oct 2009 at 17:11, Christopher Smith wrote:

> Delete it once you know everything is working, or if you are really  anal,
> burn it to a CD with the rest of your backups so you can get it  back if
> MakeMusic shuts its website, refuses to give out older  updates, or if you
> find you have to downgrade later on.
>
> I delete them, myself.

I would not do that, myself, as you then end up having to re-download
it should you need to re-install Finale later.

I maintain a folder for software updates and keep all the patches and
updaters in there. I happen to now have a 1TB external firewire hard
drive where I store all this stuff, so I don't need to burn it to
CD/DVD any longer.

I'd recommend that anybody who has a spare $100 acquire a 1TB
external drive. They are just too cheap not to use any more!
Hopefully by the time those fill up, we'll be able to buy 20TB hard
drives for roughly the same price. ;)