On 31.10.2009 David W. Fenton wrote:
> > Sibelius needs to do this sooner than Finale because of their slower > > release cycle.
> > Now that's an interpretation I cannot follow. Although Sibelius has had > a slower main release cycle, as far as I remember they were much quicker > in fixing and updating for new OS requirements than Finale ever was. > Finale is completely fixed on one main release a year, plus one > maintenance, occasionally two when it gets too embarassing. I cannot see > that Sibelius has a slower cycle in adopting new OSes.

I didn't say anything remotely like that.

What I said was that since Win7 came out very shortly after the release of Sibelius 6, they couldn't wait for Sibelius 7 to make this change, because that's not due for a while.

Perhaps I have difficulties reading. You say they have a slower release cycle, and I said I don't think that's true. As far as I remember Finale 2k10 just appeared so they would have had every reason to do the same, no?

Anyway, I know nothing about Windows 64 Bit and the implications. All I say is, Sibelius has a much better record of releasing maintenance releases when they are required.

Also, the 6.1 update really is more than some main releases with Finale. The magnetic slurs are simply fantastic.

Johannes