On 1 Nov 2009 at 0:04, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> > I didn't say anything remotely like that.
> >
> > What I said was that since Win7 came out very shortly after the
> > release of Sibelius 6, they couldn't wait for Sibelius 7 to make this
> > change, because that's not due for a while.
>
> Perhaps I have difficulties reading. You say they have a slower release
> cycle, and I said I don't think that's true. As far as I remember Finale
> 2k10 just appeared so they would have had every reason to do the same, no?

Sibelius releases every 2-3 years, Finale every year. That is pretty
clearly a slower release cycle, and that if each company waited until
their next release to adapt to this Win7 feature, Finale would manage
it next year, and Sibelius not for another 2 years or so.

So, no, I don't know that MM would be under pressure to implement
this in a maintenance release now.

It's not like it's a very important feature to begin with, so I'd
think there'd certainly be no reason for a maintenance release just
to implement this feature. Now, if they had another maintenance
release in the works and could include it along with the other
features, I think it would be likely they would.

And, of course, that's likely what Sibelius did -- they had the 6.1
maintenance release queued up and implemented this Win7-only feature
as a very small part of it because they had an opportunity to do so.

Finale's next opportunity may not come until next year, and that's
probably not a major issue.

But I do think that if Sibelius had waited until their next major
release (nearly 2 years in the future, if they follow their normal
major release schedule), they would have been behind the curve.

I don't know what's so difficult about this, Johannes, but you seem
to have a knack for regularly failing to understand things that I
state very clearly.