I think I have been able to recreate your problem.

If the instrument list is set to mute all, there will be no playback, but the
notes entered in speedy will still sound to the chosen instrument sound for the
given staff.

So take a look at your instrument list from the Windows menu.

Klaus

Finale 2010b for Mac