On Jan 22, 2010, at 5:52 AM, David W. Fenton wrote:

I'm not that picky, though I don't produce the stunningly beautiful
scores that folks like Dennis Collins do (I'm not sure I've ever seen
your engraving, but my bet is you're much pickier than I am -- I'm
just trying to get performable parts and scores ready before
rehearsals begin).

I have different standards for different contexts. I'm a big believer in increasing readability for vocal music to be sung from the page, even if it entails some non-standard practices. Also, I find that readability and beauty are not always the same thing, and in many contexts I'm willing to sacrifice the latter for the former.

mdl