On 4 Oct 2010 at 8:59, Michael Greensill wrote:

> <<It's not a Finale issue. It's an OS issue. If you know how your OS
> works, this would be something you know. If you don't know that, it's
> something you shouldn't even be worrying about.>>
>
> Well I can assure that I know nothing about the OS. But access to the
> default document of Finale is very important.

And what's the issue? The one in the user profile is the one you
should be concerned with, not the ones stored in the application
folder (unless you want to force all other users to use an altered
version of the default document).

Indeed, in general, the ones stored in the application folder likely
are read-only (without elevating privileges, which depending on your
OS, you may be prompted for automatically, or not).