On Oct 4, 2010, at 12:27 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

> On 4 Oct 2010 at 11:23, Chuck Israels wrote:
>
>> On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:51 AM, David W. Fenton wrote:
>>
>>> Likewise, with Finale, you should basically be ignoring the
>>> "reference" files in the application folder. They are for Finale's
>>> use, not yours. The ones that are for *your* use are the ones in the
>>> user folder.
>>
>> Except, as Eric points out, there is confusion about where Font
>> Annotation files need to be placed in order to do their job, and this
>> turns out to be in the Application Support folders at the root level.
>> That's the only place from which they work.  This is the only example
>> I have found that does not follow the logic MM and you describe, but I
>> go through the frustrating process of figuring this out (I am
>> forgetful about it, I admit) each time I upgrade.
>
> That seems to be an implementation error on MM's part, then.

So it seems. I will ask MM to explore the possibility of fixing this.  It
doesn't seem (from my limited perspective) to be a difficult thing to do, since
everything else seems to be controlled by the files stored at the user level.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
1310 NW Naito Parkway #807
Portland, OR 97209-3162