On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:51 AM, David W. Fenton wrote:

> Likewise, with Finale, you should basically be ignoring the
> "reference" files in the application folder. They are for Finale's
> use, not yours. The ones that are for *your* use are the ones in the
> user folder.

Except, as Eric points out, there is confusion about where Font Annotation
files need to be placed in order to do their job, and this turns out to be in
the Application Support folders at the root level.  That's the only place from
which they work.  This is the only example I have found that does not follow
the logic MM and you describe, but I go through the frustrating process of
figuring this out (I am forgetful about it, I admit) each time I upgrade.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
1310 NW Naito Parkway #807
Portland, OR 97209-3162