The consumables might be cheaper in a newer printer.....

Does the drum roll/imagine thong need to be changed? That is the other
thing that generally dies in addition to toner cartridges.

You could have a bad toner as well. Some toners I've bought made those
clicking noises and worked, some didn't.

It would probably be worth it to have someone look at it before
deciding it's dead

Sent from my iSomething