On 8 Feb 2011 at 16:29, Florence + Michael wrote:

> Ah yes, I'd forgotten how rude and condescending you can be. Why can't
> you just state your point of view without insulting people?

This is not about connoisseurship -- it's about facts. There's a long
history among music lovers of extending one's statements about music
beyond what is supported by actual evidence. This seems like just
such a case.

> Pertaining
> to how "sure" I am, I won't go into all the details of how many Chopin
> facsimiles I've seen or what I know about Henle Urtext editions: I'll
> just say that I would bet a considerable sum of money on those
> particular beamings and shared noteheads being the same in the Henle
> edition and in Chopin's manuscript.

That's not at all the same thing as asserting that the Henle
beamings/noteheads are Chopin's.

> I'll also point out, once more, that the example Steve posted is
> indeed directly related to the original discussion, since it contains
> noteheads shared by dotted notes.

It's got notes and key signatures, too!!!! It must mean something!