At 4:22 PM +0200 8/4/11, Daniel Wolf wrote:
>Finale 2011, Windows.
>
>I'd like have punctuation marks follow word extensions in lyrics  (i.e.
>"line ends with this word_________,") , but Finale seems to really wants
>to keep commas etc. attached to the word before and have the word
>extension follow the punctuation mark.  Obviously I'm missing something...
>
>Daniel Wolf
>Frankfurt

Daniel:  Just FYI.  I don't know about German,
but in English the proper practice is to have
punctuation attached to the WORD itself, and not
delayed until after the extension.  And any
deviation from common practice is likely to
confuse singers.  That's why it requires a kludge.

John

--
John R. Howell, Assoc. Prof. of Music
Virginia Tech Department of Music

"Machen es wie Sie wollen, machen es nur schön!"
(Do it as you like, just make it beautiful!)  --Johannes Brahms