As a matter of fact, the comma _after_ the word extension is not only more
logical, as Daniel has pointed out, but also standard practice in Bärenreiter's
Telemann Edition (which is what I happen to have open at the moment) and
(probably) also the NBA (the publications, not the teams!). So it would be
_really_ nice to have this option. MM, are you listening?
By the way, as Dennis 1 has pointed out, we can achieve this through the use of
hard spaces. The simplest solution is to space normally, then put a comma on
the first note after the melisma, followed by two hard spaces and the new
syllable.
Eric
Habsburger Verlag Frankfurt (Dr. Fiedler)
www.habsburgerverlag.de
eric.f.fied...@t-online.de
e.fied...@em.uni-frankfurt.de