Many thanks to all of you

But I already asked the printer to tell me its IP address, and my JetDirect
card keeps saying the address is 0.0.0.0

I was using ethernet printing in 10.5 -- and for years with all my previous
systems.

I know that the IP address SHOULD be something other than 0.0.0.0, but that's
what it keeps saying now.

I used to use Telnet a million years ago, but have no idea how to reach the
JetDirect card that way, and have no idea how I'd reset the card to force it to
provide it's proper IP address.  Some help in that regard would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Or, if John Blane could recommend a specific USB cable for me, that would be
great (though probably a bit slower than ethernet printing).

Thank you all!
David