This works for me also, I have a trusty old HP5000n.

I have also found that if you de-rig or change anything in your ethernet set-up
the IP address number of the printer changes (slightly), and you'll need to
re-enter this new number into the IP tab in the JetDirect-Socket.

I have found it best to first delete any similar printers you have in the
print/fax preferences or it can get confusing as to which one is correctly
set-up.

Jonathan