On 2/7/2012 9:52 AM, Mark McCarron wrote:
> I'm assuming you are using the change octave keys K,I,and<

They have no effect on this issue. Finale seems to treat the percussion
staff as a treble staff for the purposes of percussion entry, so the
bottom line is E4. If I try hitting E3 (regardless of how the octaves
are mapped on my keyboard), then the cursor just keeps cycling through
all of the mapped pitches on the staff (always moving downwards, then
jumping back to the top), since no percussion pitch is mapped to E3.

Aaron.