I used to have this problem form time to time and found that quitting and
restarting Finale (which reloaded the instruments) often cured it.  You might
also try Reassign Playback Sounds from the MIDI/Audio menu.  If that doesn't
work, you may have a corrupted preference file.  Deleting that and rebuilding
your preferences would be the next thing I'd try, if those things didn't work.

Chuck

On May 9, 2013, at 7:14 AM, Giovanni Andreani <i...@giovanniandreani.eu> wrote:

> It happens with the keyboard turned off as well! It occurs, I've lately
> discovered, when closing the Playback Controls window and triggering playback
> with the space bar-mouse click combination. Playback with the Playback
> Controls window opened is ok. Unwantes transposition although happens on two
> staves grouped for a synthesizer to play with a trombone timbre (the sound
> set for these staves)
>

> --------
>
> Giovanni Andreani
>
> www.giovanniandreani.eu
>
>> Is it possible you have an expression set to pitch bend? Like a scoop or
>> a fall, or maybe a gliss marking that isn't resetting itself like it should?
>>
>> Or if it is only one sound source, check the pitch wheel. Sometimes my
>> cat walks on my keyboard pitch wheel, causing me all kinds of grief
>> until I figure it out.
>>
>> Christopher
>>

>> On Thu May 9, at ThursdayMay 9 9:00 AM, Richard Yates wrote:
>>
>>> Probably time to upgrade from that 1720 version of Finale (the 'Handel
>>> Edition')   :->

>>> behavior Finale

Chuck Israels
8831 SE 12th Ave.