As a long-time trombone player, serving in a
(British) army band during the 70s and early 80s,
I was wounded and unable to play for some
time.   Not wanting me to go to waste, they had
me on percussion, mainly tymps - I couldn't play
drums as it required coordinating 3 things at
once...  I could do both hands, but if I started
trying to use my foot too, everything went
rapidly sideways...    Anyway, while rehearsing
for a very important concert (a Royal visit...),
I had to finish off one piece with a dramatic
flourish and a nice forte-piano crescendo
roll.  While playing this (fortunately during a
rehearsal), the pedal mechanism on the tymp
started to slip, giving me a really interesting glissando.

I thought it was good, but the boss didn't agree...

Phil.

At 12:49 AM 5/10/2013, you wrote:
>Pitch going flat on the trombone patch?   I can help you with that!  Make
>sure you've got the slide lock on!
>
>Actually, I used to have a bass trombone that developed a problem in which
>the tuning slide (behind my head) would slip in (making the horn sharp)
>while I was playing!  Drove me crazy until I figured out what was happening!
>
>Raymond Horton
>Bass Trombonist, Louisville Orchestra
>Minister of Music, Edwardsville (IN) UMC
>Composer, Arranger
>VISIT US AT rayhortonmusic.com
>

>On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Giovanni Andreani <i...@giovanniandreani.eu
> > wrote:
>
> > It happens with the keyboard turned off as well! It occurs, I've lately
> > discovered, when closing the Playback Controls window and triggering
> > playback with the space bar-mouse click combination. Playback with the
> > Playback Controls window opened is ok. Unwantes transposition although
> > happens on two staves grouped for a synthesizer to play with a trombone
> > timbre (the sound set for these staves)
> >

> > --------
> >
> > Giovanni Andreani
> >
> > www.giovanniandreani.eu
> >
> > >Is it possible you have an expression set to pitch bend? Like a scoop or
> > >a fall, or maybe a gliss marking that isn't resetting itself like it
> > should?
> > >
> > >Or if it is only one sound source, check the pitch wheel. Sometimes my
> > >cat walks on my keyboard pitch wheel, causing me all kinds of grief
> > >until I figure it out.
> > >
> > >Christopher

> > weird
> > should be

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend.
Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.” ­ Groucho Marx