Interesting discussions about Finale's future; this is obviously topics
that engages people. I am tempted to join; shortly I agree to those who say
that Finale typically not needs to be able to do more fancy audio things
(there are other good tools and they are numerous); neither to have more
intelligence in recognizing harmonics and things like that. A good arranger
or composer knows the harmonics by heart. What is needed is more editorial
help in certain areas...which brings me in to that I got no comment on my
last question(s).

Perhaps the answer is "you need to redo your page layout everytime you add
a new part", then please confirm this.

If not, I would really appreciate some tips & tricks in this subject.
Original question below.

Thanks
/DT

=================================

Hi again folks,

I have a question that I think is a bit too low level for this list; but I
couldn't find this info in the manual...

I have a page layout for my parts that has emerged over some years and that
I am very satisfied with; and with design I do mainly think about page
margins, system margins, number of systems per page etc.

When I need to add a new part (as a new stave in the score, followed by
"Manage parts | New part", the layout is defaulted I think. Anyway it
really doesn't match what I want.

Yesterday I spent some time restoring a new part by all the quite tricky
page layout tools, but it took a while and the effect of changes are not
always obvious; after a while I succeeded. Now I need to do the same thing
with another score and I don't want to spend the time again "restoring the
settings" for the new part.

So my question is actually two-fold
1) What is the best way to create a new part in a given score that adapts
to an existing part from the design perspective?
2) Is there any good way to copy a given part design to another part after
it has been created?

Thanks
/DT