"Page format for parts", great, will take a look. Could find anything about
setting a "nominal" number of systems per page, e. g. 8 on the first page
and 9 for subsequent pages. This is my problem right now and I know that it
is possible to fix with some patience but then I have had problems with
distance between systems, page margins, system margins...ouchs. Had hoped
that I did that once for all :-(

Tried the "JW Copy Part Layout" which had the desired effect on number of
systems and margins which is great!

However it messed up many measures so that it will take time to re-do the
editing. But anyway I think it is a shorter way than struggling with the
page layout tools; they are really not comprehensible since they affect
each other in for me unpredictable ways. So I'll try this in more detail
later this week.

Many thanks!

/D