I don’t get it.  I am sure the new owners and engineers have been working hard
and long on 2014.5.  But again, a release has emerged that can’t have been
thoroughly tested or it wouldn’t have seen the light of day!

The problem must be in the testing cycle.  Users, actual users, not novice or
pretend users, seem to only take a few hours or days to turn up problems,
problems that should have been detected in alpha tests and never made it to
beta.
The need to “get something out the door” seems to over-ride pride in producing
something good.  I am aware it is a massively complex product, or set of
products.
..and when there’s no real competition….
Actually Musescore isn’t anywhere near Finale yet, but there is a drive there
to make a better product that is clearly missing among “professional” producers.
Graeme