Hi, Chuck – re: the octave shifts when copying from one staff to another: take
a look to make sure “respect ranges when copying” isn’t selected.

Go to Edit – Preferences – Edit and uncheck if you don’t want octaves to be
altered into the target instruments’ ranges...which MAY be the problem you’re
experiencing.   That one caught me immediately when I started working in 2014.5.

Hope it helps!

Les Marsden
(209) 966-6988 (H)
(559) 708-6027 (Limited-reception cell)
7145 Snyder Creek Road
Mariposa, CA 95338-9641

National Park Service Centennial Ambassador
Board Director, Yosemite Gateway Partners (YGP)
President, Mariposa County Arts Council, Incorporated
Board Director, Economic Development Corporation of Mariposa County
Founding Music Director and Conductor, The Mariposa Symphony Orchestra ♫ ♪ ♫

Marsden Marx Pages (former career ended by disability):
http://tinyurl.com/ygpj7og
Mariposa Symphony Orchestra: http://tinyurl.com/MariposaSO