Doing so does not include /sw in the poth (/sw/bin and /sw/sbin). manually
adding these seems to correct the problem. Interestingly, terminals opened
from Apple terminal do include these in the path, but the Apple X11
terminal does not. Do you know how to convince the X11 terminal to get the
same environment as Apple's terminal?

Thanks-
Joel