Hi,

On Feb 26, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Joel Daynes wrote:

This corrected the file not found errors, but now when I run ethereal
(which is really why I wanted to do all of this in the first place) I get:

sudo ethereal
dyld: ethereal can't open library: /sw/lib/libdl.0.dylib (No such file or
directory, errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

Seems like a faulty dependency: install dlcompat-shlibs with 'sudo apt-get install dlcompat-shlibs'.

I have tried removing ethereal (apt-get remove ethereal) and re installing
(apt-get install ethereal), but I still get this error. I know that this
is not ethereal support, but it appears to me that a dependency may not
have been satisfied during my install. Is there a way to force a fresh
install of the desired package AND dependent packages?

Well, if the dependency is not listed in the binary package of ethereal, you will not get it even if you reinstall the binary package. I guess that this binary was built on 10.2 where you had to have the dlcompat-shlibs installed.

HTH,
        Remi

Intelligence is like a four-wheel drive vehicle: it allows you to get
stuck in much more remote places.

Remigius K. Mommsen                 e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of California, Irvine       URL:    http://cern.ch/mommsen
c/o SLAC                             voice:        ++1 (650) 926-3595
2575 Sand Hill Road #35                fax:        ++1 (650) 926-3882
Menlo Park, CA 94025, US              home:        ++1 (650) 233-9041