David R. Morrison wrote:

P.S. The URL doesn't work for me either...

It seems this ftp server doesn't want to do passive ftp. This rules out downloading on my university account becasue of the firewall that blocks most ports for incoming connections.

It also doesn't collaborate with all versions of curl, in particular not with Fink's curl. I can download only with /usr/bin/curl and the "-P -" flag. Mounting the ftp server on the desktop from within Safari works too, strangely enough.