Le 3 mars 2005, à 5:53, Daniel Macks a écrit :

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 04:19:13AM +0100, Mich?le Garoche wrote:
I noticed yesterday the following behaviour, new for me, when using
fink rebuild foo or fink update-all with those settings in fink.conf:
Verbose: 3
ConfFileCompatVersion: 1

Note: when running fink configure, at some point I'm asked for choosing
a verbosity level from 1 to 4, but when choosing 4, 3 is activated.

That is the way fink has been for a very long time: selection choices are always numbered 1...N, regardless of what one is selecting. It's just a coincidence that in this case what one is selecting is translated into a value 0...M, meaning the selection sets a value "one less" in fink.conf.
Could the man page be changed accordingly, because that's very confusing.

1 - With normal mode and fink update-all

I have no more information of what happens when curl is working, e.g.
download speed and percentage of download.
Is it the desired behaviour or do I miss something?
Would not it be better to have this information so that one knows is
curl is really working or not, if the speed is very slow or not, etc..
so that one can take the appropriate decision (cancel, etc...)?

What is the Verbosity setting (in fink.conf) when you obvserve this?
As I said above: Verbose: 3

Does passing fink the -v flag affect it?
I should update right now, hoping that something is to update, and then I can tell you if the -v flag changes something.

2 - With maintainer mode and fink rebuild foo

Once the package is built and installed, running fink validate on the
deb leads to a file not found error, though the path is right and the
deb exists.
Is this normal? i.e.: should I first build with  maintainer mode to be
sure to get all warnings, then with normal mode to get a recognized
deb?

That sounds very bad. When you say "running fink validate on the deb", do you mean the symlink in /sw/fink/debs or the actual file in /sw/fink/dists/.....binary......?
The actual file. It does not even occur to me to validate a symlink.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>