Hi,

some questions/things:

1) I just noticed that <http://pdb.finkproject.org/> yields an empty
page. Couldn't this be made to redirect to <http://
pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/> ?

2) Would somebody mind if I changed the PDB package page (i.e.
package.php) to put the description inside a <pre> field? This way,
descriptions that use formatting (like <http://pdb.finkproject.org/
pdb/package.php/advancecomp>) would be rendered correctly. Given that
we limit the width of the Desc* fields, this shouldn't cause any
serious problems, I believe.

3) Also, I was wondering... wouldn't it be nice to have a somewhat
more powerful PDB? In particular, having a browse.php which allows to
list all packages (like list.php now does), but you can impose
restrictions:  Pick a distribution, pick a tree (stable, unstable,
testing), choose a maintainer (free form field is sufficient,
really), and a category, and whether you are only interested in
binary packages or not -- or any combination of these. So it would
combine the functionality of section.php testing.php, list.php,
maintainer.php.
Is anybody working on something like this? Should I file a feature
request, and start working on it? Am I missing something fundamental?
Is the earth a disc or a ball?

Bye,
Max