Le 13 janv. 2007 à 23:28, Max Horn a écrit :

Am 13.01.2007 um 23:01 schrieb Michèle Garoche:

Le 13 janv. 2007 à 15:12, Max Horn a écrit :

[...]

2) Would somebody mind if I changed the PDB package page (i.e.
package.php) to put the description inside a <pre> field? This way,
descriptions that use formatting (like <http://pdb.finkproject.org/
pdb/package.php/advancecomp>) would be rendered correctly. Given that
we limit the width of the Desc* fields, this shouldn't cause any
serious problems, I believe.
It breaks completely the rendering of description of <http://
pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/package.php/bluefish> for example.

I am confused -- I would have thought (and said) that adding <pre>
would precisely *fix* the rendering of this page, which currently
(without the <pre>) looks like one big mess... Could you explain in
how far <pre> would make it worse? Or maybe I am misunderstanding
something?
I may have misunderstood myself. I thought you had already made the change.

I thought also that the rendering was ok before, but I may be wrong of course.

3) Also, I was wondering... wouldn't it be nice to have a somewhat
more powerful PDB? In particular, having a browse.php which allows to
list all packages (like list.php now does), but you can impose
restrictions:  Pick a distribution, pick a tree (stable, unstable,
testing)
What is supposed to be the difference between testing and unstable?
At the moment for example (in section tex) I see:
amyedit and fop in testing and in unstable, same version, same
revision.

Well, testing is no real tree in Fink, of course -- I just called it
like that as we already have a testing page: <http://
pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/testing.php>. So I am only replicating
functionality that we already have.
Yes, sorry, I had forgotten it.

Note that on browse.php, only "testing" does something useful, while
both "stable" and "unstable" right now are simply aliases for "any"
-- they are simply not yet implemented.
That explains my confusion :-)