On Jan 17, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Martin Costabel <costa...@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On 17/01/15 06:11, Scott Hannahs wrote:
>> OK, that makes sense, but what is up with fink not recognizing the
>> no-use-binary option?
>>
>> If I run "fink —-no-use-binary-dist install texlive-texmf" I get the
>> standard fink "usage" message.
>>
>> % fink —-no-use-binary-dist install texlive-texmf
>> Fink 0.38.3
>>
>> Usage: fink [options] command [package...]
>>       fink install pkg1 [pkg2 ...]
>
> If I copy-paste your command line into my terminal window, I see
>
> fink \342-no-use-binary-dist install texlive-texmf
>
> That is, you have some alien character there that looks like a dash but
> isn't one. Fink doesn't like this.

Yikes, I have been cutting and pasting from the original email to avoid typos
and have had that one since the original reply.  In my terminal it looks like
an ordinary dash…  Sigh..  Dang formatted emails!

It certainly looks different in this “unformatted” email!  I couldn’t
understand why such a common switch would not be working!

Thanks,

-Scott