Alwyn wrote:

Thanks for trying to help, Martin, but that doesn't work either. Here's what I get:
[]
dpkg: regarding .../kdelibs3-ssl_3.1-1_darwin-powerpc.deb containing kdelibs3-ssl:
kde-icons-crystal conflicts with conectiva-crystal
kdelibs3-ssl provides conectiva-crystal and is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing /sw/fink/dists/unstable/crypto/binary-darwin-powerpc/kdelibs3-ssl_3.1- 1_darwin-powerpc.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing kdelibs3-ssl
This is an easier one :-) In fact, I have seen it, too. You have to "fink remove kde-icons-crystal". I think it doesn't exist any more, its contents are now included in the kdelibs3 package. Fink is not intelligent enough to understand this situation.

There will probably be other cases like this further on.

--
Martin