On 05 Dec 2007, at 05:06, Sean wrote:

> dlopen(/sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so, 2): Symbol not found: _osx_about
>   Referenced from: /sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so
>   Expected in: flat namespace

Means I stll missed some dependencies...
Those with dlopen are harder to get by,
but as a start I launched the command
xmms 2>&1
in a x11 terminal window, AFTER
export DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1

Copying the ouput to a file, say DEPS,
the following gives the pkgs that are needed at launch :

# sed -e '/cpu-sub-type/d' -e 's,.* ,,'<xmms_libs |sort -u|xargs dpkg
-S|fgrep -v '/sw/bin/grep'|cut -f1 -d:|sort -u|xargs
audiofile-shlibs esound-shlibs flac-shlibs flac-xmms gdk-pixbuf-
shlibs gettext glib-shlibs gtk+-shlibs libfaad1-shlibs libgettext3-
shlibs libiconv libmikmod-shlibs libmp4v21-shlibs libogg-shlibs
libsidplay-shlibs libvorbis0-shlibs libxosd2-shlibs pcre-shlibs xmms-
aac xmms-bin xmms-coreaudio xmms-osd xmms-shlibs xmms-sid xorg-shlibs

Then
# dpkg -S `which xmms`
xmms-bin: /sw/bin/xmms

tells me the command is in the xmms-bin pkg,
so I'm using now a local command "rec_pd" that gives the recursive
deps (+/-, and on my system)
of the set of pkgs given as arguments:

# rec_pd xmms-bin
audiofile-shlibs base-files esound-bin esound-common esound-shlibs
gettext glib-shlibs gtk+-data gtk+-shlibs libiconv libiconv-bin
libmikmod-shlibs libogg-shlibs libvorbis0-shlibs libxml-shlibs xmms-
shlibs xorg xorg-shlibs

One sees that a bunch of deps are still missing !

I may return to this tomorrow, really too late now ! _ but hope
somebody fixes it before.

In the meantime, by curiosity, you may want to make sure you have all
the above pkgs
installed before launching xmms another time..
(Though safest  would be to first rebuild and reinstall the whole
xmms family in the
presence of the -dev pkgs corresponding to all those further deps)

JF Mertens