On Dec 4, 2007 9:29 PM, Jean-François Mertens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 05 Dec 2007, at 05:06, Sean wrote:
>
> > dlopen(/sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so, 2): Symbol not found: _osx_about
> >   Referenced from: /sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so
> >   Expected in: flat namespace
>
> Sorry _ but here there may be another (i.e., additional..., sigh)
> problem
> (just conceivably resolved by rebuilding with all the appropriate
> deps.. ) :
>
> # nm -m /sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so|fgrep _osx_about
> 00001114 (__TEXT,__text) non-external _osx_about
>
> which to me seems to indicate your /sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so
> (in the xmms-coreaudio pkg) was not correctly built..
>
> What does the above nm command give for you ?
>
> And if you rebuild and reinstall in presence of all additional -dev
> pkgs _ do you get the same ??
>
> JF Mertens

Ok, I checked my system for the presence of all of the packages you
mentioned in the first email, and these are the only missing ones:

xmms-sid, sidplay-shlibs and such: I have no desire to use the format,
so no surprise there.

xmms-osd, libxosd2-shlibs, etc :  these should be optional as well,

xorg-shlibs : this should be unrelated to the issue I'm having, and it
isn't even available anyway - fink apropos xorg yields no packages.

Lesse, -dev packages based on that list that weren't installed include:
gettext-dev
libfaad1-dev
libmp4v21-dev

Since faad and mp4v21 are related to the aac plugin, and shouldn't
effect this, I attempted to rebuild and reinstall with gettext-dev
installed. Same result.

Ok, moving on to the later email, I run the following command:

nm -m /sw/lib/xmms/Output/libOSX.so|fgrep _osx_about

with the following result:

00001090 (__TEXT,__text) non-external _osx_about

Further info concerning my compiler software: XCode 3.0,
gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)

On a hunch, I decided to look over the configure output during the
build of xmms-coreaudio. I saw the following anomalous looking output
pop up repeatedly:

rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory

Thanks,
Sean