10.05.2021 17:52, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 10/05/2021 11:45, Vlad Khorsun wrote:

People wanting a functionality should not be worried about a DLL (which
in 99% of cases will be there already).

   I can agree about 99% of non-Windows cases, but on Windows it is wrong
assumption.

I mean 99% of people has 0% necessity of not deploy ICU DLLs with their
clients.

  Ok, understand.

  I could agree with above, if you wrote "...0% necessity of deploy ICU..." :)

And Firebird in Windows comes with that DLLs.

  It have nothing common with what people deploy with own applications
(hint: fbclient.dll only).

Many of people may really not know they could be needed in the client,
but as soon a non-default setting is used and they have an error
explaining that, they will know and deploy or will avoid the setting.

  Correct me if I'm wrong: when client config is present and contains
non-commented out setting DefaultTimeZone

- with some value, other than "Auto"
  such value is passed via DPB and validated on server, using server-side ICU

- with value "Auto"
  fbclient asks ICU about local client time zone name and put it into DPB,
  if ICU is not found - error is raised (with some explanation, not just OS
error)

  If there is no client config or DefaultTimeZone is not set, nothing is added
into DPB.

Correct ?

Regards,
Vlad