* Myrddin Emrys:

> [...] aliases, functions, and abbreviations are idiomatic fish in my
> opinion. One of its best features is the flexible ways its syntax can
> be extended.

I agree, and I have already started my own collection of useful-to-me
fish scripts which I sync across machines. I am not dismissing fish's
abbreviations, functions, or custom scripts at all. This particular
example is just a case where Bash has the advantage. Fish does many
things as well as, or better than, other shells, which is why I have
moved from Bash and Zsh to fish on every machine where circumstances
allow it.

I am also not complaining about fish at all. In this case, I'll just
stick to what I have known for decades (like "awk" or "find"), because
fish lacks a simpler, built-in approach. No harm, no foul.

-Ralph


_______________________________________________
Fish-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fish-users

Reply via email to